Tuesday, June 2, 2009

a slice of that random

a continuation ...

i can be quite obsessive. but not necessarily compulsive.

i judge people on their written or spoken grammar, spelling and punctuation. it's not a deal breaker or anything, it's just like the errors have red blinking lights and refuse to be ignored.

i didn't get that solo.

i'm okay with that. i feel like God is in control of even frivolous little things like that and He has a reason for everything.

i've turned into a little bit of a font snob.

i feel like maybe i took a wrong turn somewhere in life.

i sometimes wonder where i'd be if i had taken the right one.

i have filled the margins of my note-taking notebook at work with mini rants. rants at myself, at my boss, at life. flipping through it is like watching myself go through this journey again.

i am seriously good with kids. that sounds like bragging, but it's really true.

i'm afraid i'm failing at my job.

i think water is delicious.

i think it's really cool that my mom blogs.

i'm ridiculously interested in the entertainment world; the lives of those who put themselves on display for the rest of us to scrutinize.

i think that maybe i should have pursued writing. or teaching. or photography. i feel like it's too late.

i miss my friends who aren't friends anymore.

i wish i was braver.

i'm afraid of "what if" ... i try not to be.

i want to go stomp and splash through puddles.

i don't want to do it by myself.

i feel like i have a deep seated knowledge that, regardless of how i'm feeling right now or the way things appear, i will actually have a successful, happy life. beyond what i even imagine.

i choose to believe God put that knowledge there, and that it's not simple delusion.

i miss my daddy.

i didn't intend for this post to sound so melancholy!

2 comments:

PinkFlaminga said...

Okay, perhaps I am biased because I think teaching is the greatest thing in the whole entire world. But let me force you to reread your blog entry, or portions of it at least, and draw your own conclusions:



i feel like maybe i took a wrong turn somewhere in life.i sometimes wonder where i'd be if i had taken the right one.

i'm afraid i'm failing at my job..

i am seriously good with kids. that sounds like bragging, but it's really true.

i judge people on their written or spoken grammar, spelling and punctuation...it's just like the errors have red blinking lights and refuse to be ignored.

God ... has a reason for everything.

i think that maybe i should have pursued writing. or teaching. or photography. i feel like it's too late.

i wish i was braver.

i feel like i have a deep seated knowledge that... i will actually have a successful, happy life.

i choose to believe God put that knowledge there, and that it's not simple delusion.

I know that teaching would make me incredibly happy and fulfilled and I'd be paid for 12 weeks summer even though I didn't do any work.


SEE?!?!?!

I will use a line I use with my students a lot: "Do you know what I'm thinking? Okay, then I don't need to say it" *wink*

a girl in the life said...

hmmm ... it seems like one of those lines wasn't actually in my blog post .... :)

i know. you're right. that's really what's been going through my head lately ... i just don't know how it could ever happen ...

we should have coffee and discuss.

also up for discussion: anything and everything you would like to talk about, anything silly, frivolous and pointless, and SYTYCD. although i've missed some already.

looooooovvvee you!