1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? attended a movie screening, visited Texas, LA, made specific plans and long term goals for myself.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? i don't think i made any last year ... this year i plan on actually using my gym membership and finishing paying off all of my consumer debt.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my sister had my nephew last January and my aunt had my baby cousin in July.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no, thankfully. i did go to a few funerals, but they were acquaintances.
5. What countries did you visit? States? stayed in the US, i went to Washington, Texas and California.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? security, stability, change.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? my very first nephew being born was probably the most important, January 16th.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? i paid off a significant amount of debt, righted a few wrongs, got car insurance back after a short lapse, finally started making personal improvements. oh, and cleaned out my car. :)
9. What was your biggest failure? i started with my goals of improvement last February and i didn't actually start taking action on them until about August. procrastination is my biggest downfall.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no, i've actually been incredibly healthy this year. i had strep throat for about a day, and that was it that i can recall.
11. What was the best thing you bought? nothing special, i guess plane tickets were the best.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? my sister was chosen to be part of a selective team for a culinary competition. it's what she wants to do in life and i'm so proud of her for making such advancements so early in life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? my boss is probably the most appalling and it truly depresses me to see him go on, completely unencumbered with his abhorrent behavior. another person close to me truly shocked me with their greed and negative attitude. it honestly makes me sad for this person that they're not going to ever really have joy and happiness in life if they continue to be oblivious to their seemingly blackened spirit. other than that, just a handful of people making poor choices, putting others in terrible situations.
14. Where did most of your money go? honestly, i think the single biggest recipient of my money was the church. i think tithing was my biggest single expense. which is a good thing i guess, but also just partly because there's not really much beyond that to spend on any one thing. paying off debt as a general expense was also up there.
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? i think i was most excited about spending time in LA. i actually really really enjoyed it there.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? omg, probably something stupid like Party In The USA. blerg.
17. Compared to this time last year are you: Happier? yes, i was actually pretty depressed this time last year. Thinner? meh, i dunno. Richer? i don't know about that. maybe so since i owe less?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? working on myself and my goals.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? wasting time on inaction.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve's Eve with my mom's side of the family, yummy dinner and sugar cookie decorating, Christmas Eve at church, Christmas morning with my family including my sister, brother-in-law, nephew and dad home from Iraq and then the afternoon with the whole extended family at my great aunt's house.
21. How will you be spending new years? hanging with the family, playing Farkle and Mario Party 8 on Wii, typing this, eating too much yummy food.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? nope.
23. How many one-night stands? 0
24. What was your favorite TV program? Community and Glee are my favorite new shows, i still love The Office, Parks and Rec, True Blood, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, and i learned to love Criminal Minds.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? i have a much stronger distaste for a couple of people than i did last year, yes.
26. What was the best book you read? The Shack (i know, so late to the game on that one.)
27. What was your biggest musical discovery? i really like 3OH!3 and Cobra Starship, and pretty much anything they sang on Glee. :)
28. What did you want and get? to travel.
29. What did you want and not get? a fabulous new job, a bajillion dollars.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? I Love You Man, Star Trek, The Hangover, Paranormal Activity, Iglourious Basterds, Avatar ... there are more that i still want to see and just haven't yet ... Up In The Air, Up, Zombieland, (500) Days Of Summer, The Blind Side, Whip It, The Informant!, and It's Complicated. (um, i kind of love movies apparently.)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? i spent my actual birthday in Disneyland for 16 hours. i turned 25. (yikes.)
32. Did you go anywhere exciting? i went to Washington over a weekend for my friend's wedding, i flew with my sister to her new home in Texas, and i flew to Burbank to spend a week in LA and Disneyland. i feel like i still have a lot i want to do in LA, so i see myself returning in the future.
33. What is one thing you learned in 2009? that sitting around, thinking, planning and dreaming are all well and good ... but action is the only thing that will create the change i crave.
34. What do you regret from 2009? nothing except not acting sooner.
35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? Alexander Skarsgard, Robert Downey Jr., Paul Rudd ... just the standard. :)
36. What political issue stirred you the most? i think the decision to send more troops to Afghanistan this year hurt the most.
37. Who did you miss? a few people, the memories of a few people.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Matt and Vicki are pretty cool, Greg and the other Matt are both nice, and Jacob, Matt and Evan were cool too. i probably met a lot more new people than that, but i can't think of any one that's "the best" ...
39. What do you hope to see in 2010? peace for my family, and peace for my friends. so many friends that are going through so much traumatic, horrible stuff. i hope this year brings a lot more people a lot more peace.
40. What do you hope to be in the 2010? a more proactive and determined me, debt free and meeting my personal goals.
3/52 in Pictures
3 months ago