Friday, February 27, 2009

walk by faith

i was reading through some past entries recently and i read this entry that i posted last june. i was thinking about making some big decisions and was really convicted by my devotion that day and even a friends' devotion.

as i was re-reading that entry and those surrounding it, it startled me what a similar situation i'm in now. especially after reading my own words of determination ... what happened? i let the time pass me by and allowed myself to slip again into the lull of normality. i just let life keep going without me. and here i am again, trying to implement my one year plan. trying to make changes. more determined than ever to go through with it all. reading that past entry has just encouraged me more i think because i can see the passion in my own words. yet i know the aftermath, i let that fire extinguish. knowing that, i'm going to do whatever i can to keep this one blazing to fruition.

my devotion today was titled "courageous living" ...

"How many times have you wanted to do something, plan something, or even dare to dream something, but were too afraid? You know deep within that your torment isn't right. You know you're missing out on life and opportunities, but you're too scared to do anything about it.

Those of us who live with anxiety are living below the mark of what we were created to be. Worry and its accompanying emotions are not and never were part of God's plan for His children."


thanks for the reminder God. i need a little ... well, maybe a big ... kick start once in a while.

No comments: